January 10, 2016
“The Biblical Mandates for Dealing with Apostates”
II Peter 2:1
1. Mark them; Avoid them - Romans 16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
2. Don’t be yoked up with them - II Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
3. Have no fellowship with them -II Corinthians 6:14
and - Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
4. Separate from them -II Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
5. Withdraw from them – I Timothy 6:5
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6. Shun their foolishness – II Timothy 2:16
But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
7. Purge yourself from them – II Timothy 2:21
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
8. Turn away from them – II Timothy 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
9. Reject them – Titus 3:10
A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
10. Receive them not – II John vs. 10
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: